ELPROMA MODULAR DATA SYSTEM
PRINTER NETWORK SYSTEM
Modular Data System to connect PC's and printers in such a way that maximum printing flexibility is obtained.
- You want to use your expensive printers with more than one PC.
- You create different kind of documents which you want to send to different printers.
- You now need 4 ports, but do not know if you might need up to 20 ports later.
- You need high speed data transfer, also when all connected PC's and printers are active.
- You need to create large printfiles during the day and want them to be printed during the night.
- You want to keep the printfiles after printing, so you can restart printing if something went wrong.
- You can now work with 1Mb spooler memory but might need up to 16.8Mb later.
- You want to use printers with stand alone PC's and with PC's which are a part of local area networks.
- You want to change the sequence of printfiles in the spooler.
- You want to send parallel data to the spooler and transfer into serial data or reversed.
- You want to control the spooler with a strike of a button (pop-up menu).
- You want to control the printfiles by codewords.
- You want to add headers and footers to the printfiles.
- You want to peek in the printfiles.
- You want each port to be input or output port.
- You want multiple copies.
- You want the possibility to group printers.
- You want quality, safety, reliability and good value for money.
THE MDS IS YOUR ANSWER.
The Modular Data System (MDS) is a highly advanced peripheral sharing unit permitting the connection of all types of peripheral equipment.
- High speed, up to 40.000 characters/second for each port.
- Dynamic Memory Allocation.
- Memory expandable to 16.8Mb.
- Upgradable from 2-20 I/O ports, parallel and/or serial.
- Parallel in - parallel out.
- Parallel in - serial out.
- Serial in - parallel out.
- Serial in - serial out.
- Codeword or menu driven control the MDS for output port selection and many other features.
- Parameters may be set by any connected PC using the Elproma configuration program.
- Spooler control and status review on each PC.
Each MDS unit can have up to 5 I/O modules (serial or parallel), with each module having up to 4 interface ports, it is possible to have up to 20 I/O ports on each MDS unit.
The MDS is user upgradable, starting at the minimum level of 2 ports and 4Mb of memory, additional I/O and memory modules can be added as required up to the maximum for each unit (5 I/O modules and 16.8Mb).
Each of the I/O modules is equipped with its own processor thus maintaining high speed performance as the system expands.
Configuration of the MDS:
This can be done through any of the connected PC's. The special software provided even permits parallel communication PC's to read, and send modified settings to the MDS. By means of the user friendly software provided, the following parameters can be set for the whole system:
- Change the selection command (codeword)
- Change the selection command terminator
- Return to factory defaults
I/O port configuration:
Each individual port of the Modular Data System can have the following parameters set by the configuration software:
- Time out: 1-999 seconds.
- Input or output header and footer string.
For the RS-232 modules only:
- Baudrate: 600 - 38400 Baud
- Word length: 7 or 8 bits
- Stop bits: 1 or 2
- Parity: odd, even or none
- Handshaking: DTR/DSR or Xon-Xoff
- Bi-directional: yes/no
Modular Data System control:
During normal operation, control is achieved by codewords or by the control software supplied with the system.
The following are available:
- Output port selection.
- Number of copies.
- Delete last file.
- Creation of a path between two ports.
- Plotter mode (single sheet).
The control facility will enable the following actions:
** Not possible with MDS06/07 port.
- File deletion.
- Change of file priority in the buffer.
- Hold a file (in the buffer).
- Release a file (from the buffer).
- Release a file at a specified time (from the buffer).
- Change the number of copies.
- Change the file destination.
- MDS01(System unit) - Main CPU - 80C188 - Clock - 10Mhz buffer - 4Mb - 16.8Mb - Dynamic Memory Allocation - Memory Modules : 4 Simms (1Mb or 4Mb) - Configurations saved in non-volatile memory (EEProm) I/O Modules Specifications - Up to 5 I/O modules may be fitted to one system unit - I/O CPU - Z80180 (each I/O-card).
- MDS02: 2 ports parallel (centronics), max. speed 40Kb/second, 25 pin D type (female) connectors.
- MDS03: 2 ports serial (RS-232), max. speed 38400 Baud, 9 pin D type (male) connectors.
- MDS05: 4 ports serial (RS-232), max. speed 38400 Baud, 9 pin D type (male) connectors.
- MDS06: multi-protocol printerserver coax.
- MDS07: multi-protocol printerserver UTP.
Front panel indicators:
- Port active / input or output indication (40 led's), system unit identification (4 led's), MDS status indication (8 led's) as below:
- Normal Mode * Configuration Mode *
- Memory Error * Internal Error
- Memory Indicator: 100%, 75%, 50%, 25% filled.
Width 328mm, height 86mm, depth 230mm, weight 4kg.
220V/115V, 125mA/250mA 50/60Hz (built in powersupply).
For more information E-mail
Visit the Elproma Homepage